Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Online Sketchbook

Although I lament the loss of my family I don't think that counts as a proper blog update.
SO

There is a website called Tegaki (kudos to those who know about it! Please give me your username). Tegaki is, essentially, an artwork hosting site. However, you draw your works directly on there using their tools. You have a limited amount of solid colors, a range of opacity to work with, different 'brush'(like dots) sizes that you can work with, and no layers. That is it. It's photoshop on a low budget and MS paint on steroids (in some respects). I use this program because the social networking is pretty cool. Instead of tying out responses you have to draw them out. You can also roleplay by using pictures. Best part of it all is it doesn't lag as much as photoshop does on my old virus filled computer.
I guess you could call it my virtual sketchbook and you could assume my lack of amazing works in my sketchbook is due to the fact I spend massive amounts of time working on my online pieces. I think I should print some of my works out and paste it in my sketchbook and call it a day. The only problem is it's not observational. Oh well. Some sticker tags don't need to be.

Here are some of my works:
Dapan chan on Tegaki E
"Y so srys Ruth?"
(why so Serious Ruth?)

This work is a 'crack piece' for a Team Fortress 2 rp(roleplay) I'm apart of there. I made up a fictional character named Ruth (left). She's a sniper (a class on the video game Team Fortress 2) and she hates spies (the class Jared, the guy on the right, is). Long story short, we had a joke where Ruth became Batman and the spy was the Joker. (but the ironic thing is they're on the same team) Ack! I'm rambling. Anyway, took me a while to make...

Dapan chan on Tegaki E
"Trapped"

This piece was for another rp, an Avatar: the Last Airbender one. I was compelled to join because I was feeling very stressed. As one of many reactions to that I spent too much time drawing on the computer instead of doing homework and working on college apps. This was the result.

Dapan chan on Tegaki E

"HISTORYvsVAGINA"

Before I explain the outrageous title I must say I'M REALLY ANNOYED WHEN BLOGSPOTS CODE SPAZZES OUT ON ME! D<>


Dapan chan on Tegaki E

(I'm still thinking of a title)

I'm thinking of printing this one out and using it for 'willy nilly'. This one I did this weekend, due to stress again wahoo! This is my latest rp character, right. He belongs in the Avatar: the Last Airbender rp. His niece is the ginger on the left. To translate what they're saying into normal people language the dialogue would go like this:

Uncle: Are you sure this scarf looks okay?

Niece: Of course! It was all the rage during New York fashion week!

Uncle: Amongst the women, right?

Niece: Uh... maybe... but it sure looks pretty! And it'll attract the ladies!

---

Anyway. That's a sample of my stuff on tegaki. I think I should put some of these in my sketchbook as sketchbook assignments. Does that count? please please please can it count? I work so hard on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment