Monday, January 4, 2010

Are You Afraid of the Dark?




Dear blog,
I must first say, please excuse my poor spelling because spellcheck is not working properly.

Today I worked my butt off trying to complete my last piece. After many hours, snot filled tissues, and are54.com playlist music placed on repeat, I was able to complete my last piece. The title of this is 'Are you Afraid of the Dark?". Kinda like that show on Ni-
Anyway... I asked some people I know why they're scared of the dark. (or were)
My cousin, who this child is based off of, claims nothing. (but she's too scared to venture on downstairs alone) I know she's scared of some dolls... but I didn't want to draw a ton of dolls so I replaced that with stuffed animals... very scary looking ones.
For me... I had 3 spiders come out one night in the dark... and all 3 had to be killed after I screamed "GRANDMA!!!". Hence the creepy oversized camel spiders. Then there are zombies, especially after watching the movie Quarantine. Then there are hands because I always thought a hand would come out of nowhere and grab me. I'm also deathly afraid of the ocean and once I went to zoo camp and slept in a sharktube. That night... I tossed and turned so much. So why not put in something that's always associated with horror films and the sea? Tentacles and goo!
Then my aunt admitted she was afraid of clothing jumping out of her closet to grab her. Apparently, when she was a child, there was paranormal activity in one of the houses she lived in and the clothes did that one night.
So do I rejoice and go to bed now!?
Do I try and grab what little hours of sleep I have left before I must go back to the dreaded time consuming place called school?

No.

I still have to finish my first piece.
>:I

No comments:

Post a Comment