Friday, January 1, 2010

HELLO MY FELLOW PROCRASTINATORS

Hey everyone out there in lala land! This is Ashley coming from her dungeon. (aka her really messy room) However, in the next couple of days, it's going to get even messier and sleep will be only a hobby!

I NEED to complete my 3 pieces STILL!!!

And, no, I still don't have any getto.. ghetto... get-oh photos... they'll come in a day or so...

ANYWAY

As I was saying I'm working on the 'stupid things children do'. (then again... the ridiculous things they do would work as well... and sometimes wonderful) Although I do have a list I'm too lazy to type it all out, at the moment, and write a description. So I'll tell you the three I picked for this time!

THE COMPARISON GAME
Oh my! Did you ever do the comparison game when you were a kid? Does "my dad is 32" and "Well, my dad is 100!" sound familiar? How about "my house has 5 bathrooms" and "Well my house has 10!"? Ah, yes, the good old comparison game. Please don't tell me my humble little elementary school in Washington wasn't the only one to do such a ridiculous thing. As I look back I'm really happy my dad isn't 100 and, to be honest, the most bathrooms I've ever had in a house I lived in was 4. Just for the record.

THE DARK
... This is a topic can probably tie into teenage and adult years. However, for now, the dark is a problem for many children right now. (OR COULD WE PROPERLY SAY IT'S THEIR IMAGINATIONS!?) When I was younger I was afraid of going upstairs alone because I thought it was dark, scary, and a monster would jump out of the shadows and eat me just like in my nightmares. My cousins, Aleia, is afraid of going downstairs alone because it's dark. As for the reason... I'm not sure. But probably the same reasons I was afraid as a kid. All in all the dark is a pretty scary thing. I, for one, can wander downstairs in the dark now. However... basements... that's another story... [/I have a bad history with basements]

DRAWING ON WALLS
I was hesitant on making a piece that covered such a topic. You see, I was a well trained child and never drew on walls. Perhaps it was because I was always given paper or those magna doodles to draw on. However, upon talking to a few friends and recalling some stories others told me, they themselves or someone they knew had fun drawing on walls. Then I thought about it more and realized many people draw on walls such as graffiti artists.
However... when you're younger... you can't seem to get away with it... it seems to always result with a wooden spoon to your butt.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, those are really good ideas. They sound like they'd be hard to make into pieces of art. But if anyone can do it, you can :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete