Sunday, April 11, 2010

For some odd reason I have nothing interesting to talk about...

So I watched How to Train Your Dragon, this weekend.
In fact, I saw it two times.
One in 2-d and another in 3-d. Not that it was so fantastic I had to see it two times in a row or anything... I kind of saw it with the family and then, low and behold, my boyfriend's family decided to watch it when I came over. It was cute. But that's what I call a lot of kid movies these days. Kids movies are either terrible or cute to me.

However, there was some like-able qualities. Mainly, the character design. There's nothing like 'not ideal characters' being the focus in this movie. I mean, the vikings are pretty meaty, even the women. I kind of liked that, for a change. I can't remember the last kids movie I saw where the majority of characters were meaty. There was even a peg leg. And, for once, the main character didn't do something amazing and walk out with dirt on his face. He walked away with a peg leg... when he should have been dead... but I accept the peg leg over a dirty face.


So, that inspired me to draw HELGA!!!





So yeah... hurrah for beefy women!
/end

No comments:

Post a Comment